Skip to main content

Special NewsUPDF intensify search for Joseph Kony


clip US Special Forces at Djema in the central African Republic. PHOTO: Mathia Mugisha
By Matthias Mugisha
The UPDF has so far not located the Lord’s Resistence Army (LRA) leader Joseph Kony's hideout.
Kony has changed tactics. He has stopped killing and abducting people in Central Africa Republic (CAR). It has therefore become difficult for the UPDF squads hunting for him to track him, according to the Commander of Operation Lightening Thunder, Colonel Joseph Balikuddembe has said.
Kony and his LRA rebels fled the onslaught against their bases in Garamba Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to Central African in 2008 when the UPDF launched Operation Lightening thunder. Some scattered deeper into the DRC where they are still abducting people since the UPDF pulled out of the country last year.
Operation Lightening Thunder is still vigorously pursuing Kony in the sprawling jungles of CAR but has been confronted with unexpected twists.
“The problem with locating and fighting Kony in the CAR is that he has changed tactics. He no longer fights. He no longer abducts people. The rebels have stopped wearing dreadlocks and they no longer have gardens. ' Balikuddembe said at a media briefing at Djema which is the last logistical base and the heart of the operation against the LRA in CAR.
Journalists were later dropped in various locations in wild where they joined the relentless hunt for the elusive rebel leader.
"Kony decided not to raid civilians because he was losing his fighters. Kony and his people now survive on wild yams while others have taken to fishing for survival. We got that intelligence from those we captured, ‘‘the soft spoken Balikuddembe explained and gave other factors that have made the operation drag on for long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBINU ZA KUMFIKISHA MWANAMKE MWENYE MAKALIO MAKUBWA KILELENI KWA HARAKA

Kwa kawaida wanawake wanafikia kilele (mwisho wa utamu wa ngono) kati ya dakika ishirini na saa moja, yaani kwa kifupi inawachukua muda mrefu sana hali inayopelekea mpenzi mvivu kuchoka na ufanyaji wake utakuwa wa “ovyo” hali itakayo kufanya wewe kuishiwa na hamu ya kuendelea. Pamoja na kuchelewa huko ambako kunatokana na utofauti wetu kati ya mwanaume na mwanamke lakini nakumbuka hapo nyuma nilikutana na wanawake 2 waliokuwa ndani ya ndoa na wamezaa lakini hawajawahi kabisa kujua utamu wa tendo hilo alimaharufu kama “kufanya mapenzi”. Natambua kuwa ni ngumu au niseme si wanawake wote ambao wamejaaliwa kimaumbile kwamba wanafanikiwa kufika kileleni zaidi ya mara mbili kila wanapofanya mapenzi/ngono (kumbuka ni kati ya dakika 15 na saa moja hivyo Jibaba hapa awe na uwezo wa kujizuia kwa zaidi ya dk 45) na ikiwa jamaa ni “mzamiaji” basi unaweza ukaondoka na goli 3 ktk mzunguuko mmoja. Lakini kwa nini basi baadhi yao tu ndio wafike kileleni na wengine was...

Uganda Police issue fresh terror alert

  By Chris Kiwawulo, The Police have issued a fresh terror alert against a possible attack on Uganda by four terrorists from Kazakhstan. Police spokesperson Judith Nabakooba “We have received a security notification in form of an orange notice of four terrorists originating from Kazakhstan who are planning to travel to foreign countries in order to commit attacks and participate in hostile acts,” Police spokesperson Judith Nabakooba said in a statement on Monday. Nabakooba named the four active members of radical organizations as; Nassiruauly Kairat, Umurzakov Marat Eskendirovich, Kovtun Denis Valerevich and Mazhibayen Alimzhan Akhlazhanovich. By press time, a search on the international web has not yielded anything on the named persons.Last evening, police said that in collaboration with other security agencies vigilance has been stepped up to avert the terrorists’ evil plans. Police have in the past issu...

Saudi King urges U.N. action against religious insults

Saudi King Abdullah urged the United Nations to produce a resolution condemning insults on monotheistic religions after the anti-Islam film in the U.S. that sparked deadly protests in many Muslim countries last month. (AFP) By AFP, MINA/SAUDI ARABIA Saudi King Abdullah on Saturday demanded a U.N. resolution condemning insults on monotheistic religions after a low-budget film produced in the U.S. sparked deadly protests last month. “I demand a U.N. resolution that condemns any country or group that insults religions and prophets,” he said during a meeting at his palace with religious figures and heads of hajj delegations in the Mina valley where pilgrims were performing final rituals of hajj. “It is our duty and that of every Muslim to protect Islam and defend the prophets.” A low-budget film produced in the U.S., Innocence of Muslims, triggered a wave of deadly anti-American violence last month across the Muslim world targeting US symbols ranging ...