Skip to main content

Fitness book, ‘Formula 50,’

Curtis " 50 Cent " Jackson signing copies of his new fitness book "Formula 50 " at Barnes and Noble Fifth Ave  today .... 1-16-2013

Richard Corkery /New York Daily News

Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson signs copies of his new fitness book, 'Formula 50'' at a Manhattan Barnes and Noble earlier this month.

The dollar might be weak right now, but 50 Cent is strong.
Entertainer Curtis Jackson, better known as the rapper "50 Cent," has recreated himself as a weight room master.
His new fitness book "Formula 50: A 6-Week Workout and Nutrition Plan That Will Transform Your Life," which recently hit bookstore shelves, promises to unlock the secret to lifelong fitness using metabolic resistance training.
According to 50 Cent, 37, he is all the proof you need that his bodybuilding plan works.
"When I'm 198 lbs., like I am now, everybody's girlfriend likes me," he says. "Technically, at six-foot-one I'd be obese but it's all muscle mass."
So what is his secret?
"My work out routine is always changing," he says." It should never stay the same for long periods of time. You have to challenge yourself and your muscles. When you are really regimented, it's the same over and over and you start to get comfortable. Switching up the style of training works your muscles differently."
50CENT23F_2_WEB

Rapper 50 Cent performs onstage during Screamfest '07 at Madison Square Garden.

Jackson is also very conscious about what he eats and insists that the dietary aspect of the book is just as important as the workout routine.
"The dieting portion of the book is usually what people don't focus on a lot but that's what makes dramatic changes in you physically," he says. "Eating well was something I learned as I started to be successful and had to travel and perform concerts, which are an intense cardio workout."
50 Cent wasn't always muscle-bound. Growing up in Jamaica, Queens, he was a self-described "chubby kid who loved pizza."
Then, in 2000, 50 Cent was shot nine times outside his grandmother's house. Amazingly, he survived.
"And when I came back, I did a lot of physical rehabilitation because I was hurt pretty bad," 50 Cent says. "And from there, I just stayed in the gym. I was doing it at a slower pace, but that's when I started working out and I never really stopped."
For his role in the 2011 movie "All Things Fall Apart," about a college football player battling cancer, 50 Cent took his gym routine to a whole new routine in order to lose 54 lbs. in nine weeks.
"A big mistake people make when they are trying to lose weight is that they stop eating," says 50 Cent. "They'll eat salads once a day and then their body starts trying to protect itself and holds onto the fat. I was doing cardio to suppress my appetite. I felt exhausted all the time because of my weight."
After shedding so much weight, 50 Cent was then able to resculpt his body.
"I didn't just eat everything I wanted to," he says. "I put the weight back on in the right way. That was a process. Not only do your muscles have memories, but you remember where you were in the weight room. You remember where you used to be and that motivates you. It took me almost two months to get back to my regular weight. "
50 Cent might be willing to put in the legwork when it comes to making movies and music, but he struggles to develop his legs in the weight room.
"I'm top heavy so my legs are my weakest part," he says. "I can't get too big or I'll start looking like the hulk. I don't want to look like I'm the security. I don't want to overdo it."
50 Cent's new album, "Street King Immortal," will be released in February and the rapper attributes much of his new music to his excellent mental and physical state.
"I got a little heavy during my second album," he says. "If you look at the artwork on the album, I had my shirt off and I had to draw the lines on my picture so I could have the muscles I had on my first album. But for this album I'm in good shape and I feel good."
josterhout@nydailynews.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thousands of protesters clash with police in Chicago: Chaos in the Windy City as 45 activists arrested and one cop stabbed after demonstrators target NATO

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER Thousands of demonstrators upset with the war in Afghanistan, climate change and the erosion of union rights have raised the intensity of a march in downtown Chicago on Sunday as world leaders assembled for a NATO summit. The protest, one of the city's largest in years, turned violent at the end of an anti-NATO march, where demonstrators confronted Chicago police, pushing against a line of officers several blocks from the lakefront convention center where President Obama hosted a gathering of world leaders. Authorities were seen making arrests one by one and leading individual demonstrators away in handcuffs. After a clash near McCormick Place, Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said at a news conference that the protests resulted in 45 people being arrested and four officers suffering injuries - one from a stab wound in the leg. Scroll down for video Clash: Demonstrators try to flee the police as they are move in on them

MBINU ZA KUMFIKISHA MWANAMKE MWENYE MAKALIO MAKUBWA KILELENI KWA HARAKA

Kwa kawaida wanawake wanafikia kilele (mwisho wa utamu wa ngono) kati ya dakika ishirini na saa moja, yaani kwa kifupi inawachukua muda mrefu sana hali inayopelekea mpenzi mvivu kuchoka na ufanyaji wake utakuwa wa “ovyo” hali itakayo kufanya wewe kuishiwa na hamu ya kuendelea. Pamoja na kuchelewa huko ambako kunatokana na utofauti wetu kati ya mwanaume na mwanamke lakini nakumbuka hapo nyuma nilikutana na wanawake 2 waliokuwa ndani ya ndoa na wamezaa lakini hawajawahi kabisa kujua utamu wa tendo hilo alimaharufu kama “kufanya mapenzi”. Natambua kuwa ni ngumu au niseme si wanawake wote ambao wamejaaliwa kimaumbile kwamba wanafanikiwa kufika kileleni zaidi ya mara mbili kila wanapofanya mapenzi/ngono (kumbuka ni kati ya dakika 15 na saa moja hivyo Jibaba hapa awe na uwezo wa kujizuia kwa zaidi ya dk 45) na ikiwa jamaa ni “mzamiaji” basi unaweza ukaondoka na goli 3 ktk mzunguuko mmoja. Lakini kwa nini basi baadhi yao tu ndio wafike kileleni na wengine was

HAYA NI MAKAO MAKUU YA MTANDAO WA Tigo TANZANIA DAR ES SALAAM

MAHALA yalipo ni Lugoda Street Gerezani Industrial Area , kwa sasa mdandao huu umefanya makubwa , kuna Tigo Bwerere Uilisha cheki hiyoooooo watu full kujiachia wana chonga tuu kwenye vyao vilonga.